Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Busy Day

Wednesday morning in China.

Breakfast in bed.


Outside the visa photo office with our friend James. He stopped on his bike and asked if he could practice his English with us. He asked me if I'd seen Terminator 3, went on to say that he thinks Arnold is much thinner now.

Medical exam - not so sure about having her armpit invaded for the purposes of taking her temperature (normal).

Today was another amazing day. We had Helen's visa photo taken (cute) and then her medical exam, which went well (brave girl). Then our facilitator took Stew, Helen and me on a little adventure which I will tell you all about when we get home. We love our contact here, Molly is her English name, and she is a real peach. Would do anything for us. Went back to the hotel and Stew and I decided to take Helen to Starbuck's for lunch. Sat outside and enjoyed the beautiful day. Later in the afternoon, we met our group again and went to apply for Helen's passport (no photos allowed inside) and to a government-run grocery store for supplies. No photos there, either. We caused enough of a scene just being there without snapping pictures! Helen's been sleeping so well and is feeling much improved (less congested). Tomorrow we're going to have the doctor look at the spots on her head so photos of her from now on may very well show her sporting a little gauze cap - just a head's up so you're not startled by that. It looks worse than it is. Also tomorrow, we have a free day so we're hoping to do a little bit of shopping and relaxing. Sounds awesome after 3 really busy days! All is well here - thinking of you all at home and missing everyone.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been following along. Love the pictures! Helen is beautiful! Can't wait to meet her. Hurry home! Jill

Anonymous said...

Stew - you are a natural baba! How awesome! Keep posting the pictures. There are many of us here in MN stalking your website ever hour in hopes of a new glimpse of the regal babe! She's the bee's knees!

Anonymous said...

Heath, Stew & Helen - We love seeing the pictures! I can totally picture you three at Starbucks soaking up the sunshine! We are thinking of you every day ... love seeing/hearing what you are up to. Time is standing still here as we wait for your safe arrival to MN!

Anonymous said...

She looks so happy with Daddy, too! Is she sucking her thumb in the photo with the nurse? How adorable!! :) I can't imagine the time you're having! Starbucks in China! wow...
Can't wait to see you all!!
cheryl

Anonymous said...

I too am stalking the blog! Stewart, you're a natural! She's so damn cute. Keep the trip pics coming!

Snugglebug Mama said...

So great to see her with Stew too! She is still such a cutie pie! Keep the photos coming whenever you can - takes me back to remembering my time on the island. Molly is a peach, isn't she?!

Anonymous said...

Ok, caught me - I'm sneaking another look at little Helen! She is darling! I am already imaging you, me, Helen and Paige hanging out at Starbucks together. I actually visualize you and Helen peacefully enjoying some mom/daughter time and me chasing Paige around the joint... but, it is still a nice thought! Hurry home!

Anonymous said...

Hey Papa Stew! You are a natural! Keep those pics coming because I too am a blog hound! Stay safe and can't wait for more pics and news. What a cutie-pie!