Saturday, October 13, 2007

Apparently, the key is to post pix in the middle of the day here


View out our window - White Swan Hotel




Temple where the babies were blessed.


Three Buddhas inside representing past, present and future.


Helen's reaction to the blessing - the chanting put her right to sleep.
(I believe this is your first chance to see her with her cap. It's keeping the medicinal patches to her head. Yeah, she doesn't like it one bit but whaddya gonna do?!)




Family shot in front of China's only female Buddha. Helen = still zonked.



Outside the temple. Many streets in Guangzhou are very beautiful.



We see people working all around the city keeping everything looking nice.
The other day, we saw a man paddling around in a boat clearing branches from the water in a little canal near our hotel.


Common site while driving around the city. Family's don't have washers/dryers so there's always clean laundry hanging up.




Helen tasting the bedspread.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy to see the pictures this morning. It is great to see some city shots as I was wondering what the city was like... the temple looks beautiful.

Helen looks so relaxed and peaceful with both you and Stew!
I'm glad you were able to see a doctor and get the cap... I'm sure it will clear up quickly.

Always checking for pictures and news... we miss you here.

ENJOY this wonderful, special time as a new family!

We love you!

Rydley said...

Yay for photos! You look like you're having a fabulous time!

Anonymous said...

She looks so cute. can't wait to see you guys. Can't wait to talk.
luv ya,
Abby and Ashley

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you tried during the day! Thanks for posting and letting us be a part of your first family vacation! I think I'm going to get Ely one of those caps :) Have a great rest of your weekend and I can't wait for the next batch.

Anonymous said...

I FINALLY located your blog address, and am seeing everying you've posted for the first time.

These photos are amazing, and what's MORE amazing is how you all look like you've been together as a family since day one. What a lucky little girl to have such loving parents as you two.

We can hardly wait to welcome you home, and to meet Helen in person. In the meantime, enjoy your time together--it all sounds incredible!

Love, Andrea and Steven

Anonymous said...

Helen darling - you are such a love. I hope you will come play sometime soon now that I'm done being sick. Oh, I guess you'll need to come here from China first. Give your mama and baba a kiss for me!