Tuesday, September 18, 2007

FIFTEEN days and counting...

Planning to post some pictures of Helen's room early next week. Our rocking chair has been delayed and so the other furniture hasn't been settled into place just yet. I know - what are we waiting for?! I ordered that thing over 9 weeks ago which seemed like plenty of time...at the time. We're hoping to pick it up this weekend and if so, we'll take some photos.

It's looking so good, I told Stew we should quit our jobs and start up our own nursery decorating business. That could work, don't you think, and don't steal my idea. He squinted and reminded me how painful it is to paint baseboards when you're 40 (or 40+, in his case - ouch!). He's right, besides I totally ripped off a Martha Stewart Baby back-issue for the design in the first place. I guess I just got a little carried away because it really looks so darned cute.

Special thanks to Mike Sahr for his chair rail/crown molding/toolmaster mastery, and Lisa Sahr and Cheryl Simon for the stencil expertise, if I haven't already given them their props. Anticipatory thanks, also, to Fred Ohlerking who has promised to help Stew hang the light fixture sometime this week. I think I just have one more thing to do in there and that is to figure out how to attach a new lamp shade to a new lamp base because they don't seem to fit as is.

Last weekend, we bought toys and books. That was super fun!

Next weekend, it's pick up the rocker. Hopefully, right? And it's also finalizing our packing list and begin trying to figure out how to get everything we need for 3 people for 3 weeks packed into two bags that can't weigh over 44 lbs. I may end up having to leave my very comfy but oh, so heavy Keens at home. Anyone gotta pair of those hideous Crocs I can borrow to save a pound in my luggage? ISH.

3 comments:

Snugglebug Mama said...

Wear the Keens instead of packing them - that will take the weight out ot the luggage!

Anonymous said...

Ditto, I agree with Annette. Wear the Keens. I am wearing my Keens now.

Anonymous said...

can't wait to see the nursery photos! I am embarrassed to say i don't have Keens and don't know what they are. BUT I am proud to say I do NOT own Crocs!! :)
Happy packing!
Cher..