Monday, September 10, 2007

Consulate Appointment

Our consulate appointment in October was confirmed this morning - woo hoo! Stewart's making our Beijing sightseeing plans and I'm busy making the flight arrangements. We're so excited to know that we're leaving on October 3rd, will most likely be meeting Helen October 8th and returning on October 19th.

Additionally, I met a very nice woman online about 2 weeks ago. She and her husband were preparing to go to China to get their daughter who is staying at the same orphanage as Helen. She told me that she and her husband were hoping to visit the orphanage and if it was possible, she would take a brand new photo of Helen. The referral photos we have of her are a couple of months old already and you know how babies change so quickly. Well, she emailed me with some photos - taken earlier TODAY!


She is squirmy...
and she likes her thumb!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats again! She's just too CUTE! It's only a few weeks away!

Rydley said...

How spectacular is all that! Glad you're leaving soon and it's terrific that you got pics!

mamato3 said...

How wonderful for the two of you. I am so jealous! We can't wait to meet her. Let the countdown begin! We'll see you in Beijing.

Anonymous said...

Helen, you are beautiful! I know your mommy and daddy are so excited to meet you. Just one more month sweet little one! Your mommy and daddy are amazing people - and you are coming into an awesome home!

Snugglebug Mama said...

I am so glad that you finally know when you will get to leave for China! And what a blessing to get to see some current photos of Helen - just makes you want to go and get her RIGHT now doesn't it - can't wait to follow your journey?!

Kirsten said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kirsten said...

I am so excited for the three of you!! The new pictures are great and what a treat to have them! She looks like she can't wait to move on to her next adventure in life. I know you both can't wait to get started on that adventure too!

Anonymous said...

She is adorable! I just can't wait!
My mom and i keep going to stores looking for things!

love,
Abby Kopriva

Anonymous said...

Heath, I needed to take another look at her this afternoon. I was running in your neck of the woods this morning and was imaging you, Stew and Helen hanging out at the lakes! You are going to have so much family fun and love to share! Yeah!

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather - This is Joel Peck's wife, Kate. He's been talking to me about your adoption process and I'm just so excited for you two (three). I've been silently stalking your website for awhile. Helen is a beautiful little girl. Congratulations and I wish you the best!