Thursday, July 17, 2008

Star Spangled Spectacular, Baby!

Helen's First Fourth of July - Kiddie Parade, Storm Lake, Iowa.
Lisa, me, Helen, and Paige.

Brady, leading the girls with his sax - all in their matching shirts.
Beautiful Storm Lake in the background.



Our friend, Jana, and Helen at the Big Parade.


Dad, helping Helen with her sunglasses.



At home, first time in her swimsuit.


First time in the baby pool, non-plussed by the experience.

Took Helen to my hometown Fourth of July celebration. I figured the girl oughta get it right for her first one. Nothing beats The Star Spangled Spectacular. However, I have a question for the organizers this year...what is a parade without the Shiners driving their Magic Carpets in drill team formations? Seriously disappointing. Anyway, it was great to be back in Storm Lake as we don't get there very often and as always, it makes me miss my parents terribly. Since the baby pool photos were taken, Helen's come around a lot on the whole hanging in the water thing. Many evenings, we head out to the backyard for some fun in the pool while we watch for Stew to come home from work. It's so cute to see Helen in her suit, walking down the sidewalk towards the house with her Dad in his business attire. That's my next photo op, I think. I must capture that moment. In other news, Helen is talking up a storm. It's still mostly babble at this point but she speaks very passionately and has something to say on nearly every subject. I wonder who she gets that from?

Additional note: our friend Lori's daughter, Alex, is very ill. I mention this because her family is tirelessly looking for answers for their daughter and the only way those answers are going to come is if everyone who knows Alex tells everyone they know about Alex. Somewhere there's someone who can help her, if only the connection can be made.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, the Star Spangled Spectacular! It was so good to spend the weekend with you, Stew and Helen. The kids had so much fun and I'm so glad that they will have the memories with Helen in Storm Lake. Tell Stew to psych up - it could be the 1st annual!

Love you guys! Lisa

mamato3 said...

Helen, you're growing up too fast! Looks like you guys had a blast. Love the hair! My favorite kind of pony tail.

Miss you guys!

Sean, Vonna and the girls

Tracy said...

What a cutie! Happy USA day miss Helen!

Your friend... Muriel

Anonymous said...

What a fun day. Helen looks adorable in her bathing suit and purple pool. I miss Iowa! :-)
Terri(daisybox)