Thursday, August 23, 2007

Campaign Bring Helen Home Soon

Stewart and I are waiting to receive our travel approval (TA) so we can make our flight arrangements. We're hoping to hear something very soon so our agency can try to maybe squeeze our group in at the end of September. October is a bit of a complicated month where we're going (Guangzhou) with a couple of holidays at the beginning and a big trade fair happening the last two weeks. All this making accommodations very expensive and difficult to find. If we can't get there by the end of September, October isn't looking so hot. We've decided not to go down that road and what that would mean unless it's clear that's what's going to happen. Don't like wasting a perfectly good worry on something that may not even happen. I prefer to spend my worrys on things that count, like how we're going to entertain a 10 month old on a plane for 15 hours.


And so...once again, fingers and toes crossed, please.
We want to see that TA come quickly and a September U.S. Consulate appointment!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fingers and toes crossed! Will try to rack my brain thinking of plane activities, too. (It's been a long time, and I'm sure the methods I used would seem so "old school") hah!

PS - I sucked it up, and made it thru move-in day without any tears (for HIS sake, of course) But it hasn't been pretty since we got home, I tell ya! But it's all good.

Can't wait to see you get word soon! I can't wait to meet Helen!!

Anonymous said...

P.S.
Oops - forgot to sign off. That was me, Cheryl, but you probably figured that out by the content. Duh! Sorry!
Miss ya!
c

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, maybe you take the drugs and let Stew figure it out! :-) Just kidding of course.

It will pass quickly with her in your arms, on your laps, in the aisle, in the bathrooms, etc. I think your little sound sleeper will make it an easy journey for you all!

I already know she is a cooperative little sweetie-pie. Look at her face, she isn't going to do anything but smile and giggle (quietly) all the way home!

Snugglebug Mama said...

Here is hoping they can make it happen - you guys deserve to have at least one part of the process happen quickly! Come on TA!