Friday, June 22, 2007

Nineteen months and counting

Yesterday, June 21, 2007, Stew and I hit 19 MONTHS since our paperwork was logged-in half a world away. (Is it more than half the world? And if it is...then isn't it both more and less because more than half one way would be less than half the other way? Ok, forget all that. This is how my brain works, just ignore me.)

So anyway, as this drags on and I try to stay in a positive place sometimes I forget how close we really are - finally. This morning while I was getting ready for work, thinking about what we might do this weekend, something hit me hard that I haven't thought about in a long, long time. It's this - Stew and I only have a few shorts months of our lives just being the two of us. I'm reminded all the time about things like "Sleep in while you can!", "Go to the movies while you can!", "Carouse while you can!" The one thing, though, that I hear very little about is this precious time we have, these few months left, of our "just us" relationship. We have a bunch of friends who were married for quite awhile before the kids but I don't recall anyone talking openly about this part of the deal.

It's so exciting to be this close to our referral but today, I also feel a little wistful. That's gotta be normal, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your wistful feelings are completely normal, Heath! :) You DO need to take the time to just be "the two of you." Gosh...that is so important. You guys already have such a GREAT, close relationship, and i'm so thankful for that for you. We had our kids so young, never really gave ourselves that chance, and often we struggle. But it'll come around again, when the kids leave the nest, and then hopefully I'm not screwed! Hah!
Counting the weeks with you!! :)
cher..