Monday, December 10, 2007

Sharing our birthday


Helen sporting her Tiger Hat (thanks Allyson!) on her First Birthday.
Chinese Folklore - babies wear this hat on their one year birthday to catch all the heavenly goodness falling between the tiger's ears.

Yukking it up with Dad.

Yukking with mom.

On our birthday, I took Helen to Stew's work and the three of us had a nice lunch together. Later at home, we did the birthday cupcake thing (still poking through those photos for a good one - stay tuned) and opened cards and gifts. On Saturday, we had brunch out with friends. Have to say, my best birthday ever - sharing it with Helen!

My Uncle Roger and Aunt Connie visiting us in MN this past weekend.

Helen continues to do so well. She had her 12 month check-up last week and had grown almost 3 inches since her medical exam in China, putting her in the 56 percentile for height! The doctor was so happy with her progress that she said Helen is now within the normal range developmentally, as well. I have to admit, I got a little weepy (with joy) over how quickly she's caught up. She has amazed Stew and me every day but it meant so much to have the doctor confirm her progress!

7 comments:

Terri said...

What fun! Happy Bithday!

mamato3 said...

Happy Birthday to you both!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures - can't help but smile myself!

Can't wait to see you this weekend!

Lisa

NorasMommy said...

Happy Birthday! I had no clue about the hat custom - thanks for filling us in on that!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I'm going to have to get Ely one of those Tiger hats for his 1st, who couldn't use some heavenly goodness?!

Snugglebug Mama said...

3 inches - WOW, now that's a growth spurt! Go Helen, Go!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad everyone seems to have fully adjusted and Helen is thriving!! Amen!! I am so glad this was your BEST birthday ever! Of course it was!! How special you share a birthday with your beautiful daughter! She's so adorable. I love the pics - thanks for sharing!! So glad you got to go see family in Iowa!! (now how about friends in IA??) hah!

Love & miss you all!!
Cher..